Friday, October 16, 2009

Spring Roses!!!



My roses are opening their first fat buds to the steamy Spring warmth. I picked a yellow rose today and drank the dew from it. If you make a weired sucking noise, the perfume comes with it and your mouth is filled with rose water. Something I do a lot of at this time of year.
I felt that I needed to include more photos of the jug cover and doily that my friend Belinda made for me. Made from extremely fine cotton, I don't know how she hasn't turned into a crone with hunched shoulders and bulgy eyes. Belinda, you are utterly amazing and I am so lucky to have you for my friend.
Hugo is in the garden at the moment playing with our big,black extremely friendly dog Willow. Jonno heard him say "Sit, stay still Willow, sit. Oh, thank you". Jonno then assumes that Willow put her paw up because the next thing Hugo said was "Pleased to meet you". Good to have a friend when your big brother is slightly out of action with a sore tummy.
Thanks to my cousin (the yellow necklace maker) I have been introduced to sago. Like offal, it was a food I never ate growing up because Mum was left with a pathological dislike of it due to bad experiences at school. So for me, it is the most exotic kind of nursery food ever. Right now I have some in the slow cooker and the house is alive with the smells of cinnamon and vanilla. Better give it a stir and lick the spoon. Have a lovely Friday night.

8 comments:

Aunty Mum said...

Awww man . . . you stole my post hehehehe. Gorgeous roses!

Dee said...

oh! that yellow rose...I'm sure I have the same. I've had it for 10 years and everyone swoons over it. If it's the same one, it smells absolutely divine. Thing is, everyone asks me the name of it and I have NO.IDEA. Help??

Dee

Kylie said...

(1) Those roses are divine... I can almost smell them ;) (2) Love the jug cover and the doily - every Belinda I know is exceptionally talented, so there's that theory proven correct again!
(3) I love sago too + yours sounds fabulous.
Great post - thank you. K

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Gorgeous.

pennygj said...

Thank you! I REALLY needed those yellow roses today, it's wet and blustery here in the UK, and winter is just over the horizon...

Personalized Stickers said...

Wao its so beautiful nice work keep it up.

vanessa said...

I'm just smiling at what Hugo was saying to Willow! You don't need pictures with this one, do you?! Makes me want to give them both a loving squeeze! So sweet.
You've just educated me today, I'd never thought of drinking Rose water out of Roses themselves, that's so very wonderful, so magical. I imagine that what you're doing by sucking it up is a similar action to people tasting wine?
Anyway, your Roses are beautiful, and I'm slightly jealous that you're in Spring, when we're in Autumn, I imagine that's just how you feel when we're heading in to Spring, and you're going into Autumn!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

Debra said...

mmmm...beautiful roses...and that jug cover...oh i wish i could get past the basics with crochet..this is gorgeous :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails