Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More pants (and an Iris)...



So pants are obviously the thing I just can't stop making at the moment. And then it occurred to me, knicker-bockers are kind of pants. Wahoo. Did anybody else spend their childhood in knicker-bockers, I thought they were the bees knees and my mum must have too. Actually, I think we called them peddle-pushers as well and I used to think it was hilarious because we often used to drive past a florist called Petal-Pushers.
I have so many things to put on the blog tonight but now the family has been fed, the boys tucked up in bed and the dishwasher humming, I am just to tired to remember all of my amazing insights. So, on that note I will make my way up to the big blue couch and collapse in front of 'Hester Blumanthal's Medieval Feast'. Bring on the madness.

5 comments:

amy said...

Scrummy pants - and/or peddle pushers. I wore them when I was a kid too. Wish we were wearing pants around here, but it was 39 degrees today. No pants are a better option! :)

Kate said...

Was that florist on Dandenong Rd? Were we practically neighbours?

shin ae said...

The pants are so cute. What is this Medieval Feast business? That sounds like something fun.

the nest said...

All of the pants/pedal-pushers are darling! I love the crochet patch on the florals! Thank you for sharing.

I'm all for collapsing at the end of the day... sometimes the "thinker" turns off and then I know it's time to just sit. :)

Leonie Guld said...

Oh...I had a pair of knicker-bockers!!! gee you are going down memory lane here!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails