Friday, October 30, 2009

Big Ears the Rabbit...


Let me introduce our new family member, Big Ears Carrot Lover Bruning, a baby Giant Flemish bunny rabbit who we have all fallen utterly and completely head over heels in love with. He arrived yesterday and survived his first night so right now I am feeling hopeful for his long-term chances.
Needless to say, Archie and Hugo are obsessed but, sadly, their mother is even more so. I have never had a pet rabbit before and I am amazed by how cool he is. Big Ears (Hugo is going through a Noddy phase) leaps up onto my lap and nibbles food from our hands. How did I go thirty three years without experiencing this kind of snuffled rabbit love.
On the creative side of life, I have started sewing a couple more pairs of pants for the boys. Now I have started it is hard to stop. It has been such a long time since I have had so much fun with the old sewing machine. Maybe it is the difference between doing something for the boys and sewing an item to sell... much less stress and no worries about speed and efficiency.
At the moment Hugo is carrying Big Ears telling him softly that he is a fluffy little lad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails