Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Printing by Hand"




After a year of ogling Lena Corwin's "Printing by Hand", I finally lashed out and bought it. Hurray for that as it has turned out to be one of the best crafting books I have ever come across with great ideas and fantastic instructions and beautifully photographed.
So, with boys off at their places of education, I commandeered the kitchen table and set down to work with a sheet of thin foam, my fiskers shape cutter, double sided sticky tape and block printing inks. I can't show the final result as it is a present for someone and their name is included but I was very pleased and managed to build up a few layers of colour.
I can't remember the last time a day was devoted to playing with a new craft. I am not sure how it happened but for the first time, I have become enmeshed by the whole domesticity versus creativity trap. Maybe my standards for the house have lifted but it just seems harder and harder to find whole slabs of time to just play with. Organisation is the key I am sure but my hands just seem too buttery to hold it.
Jonno is off to the movies tonight with his brother so I am going to snuggle alone on the big blue couch and do some serious birthday crocheting (not my for my birthday, I have accepted that the festival is over). Night night.
p.s. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes, I loved them, loved them, loved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails