Friday, April 16, 2010

Holidays... Just the way life should be.

Bella crocheting at 'French Farm'.
LeBon's Bay.
Sunset from where we are staying in Akaroa.
Hanging out with a pretty cool duck at 'The Giants Garden', which is an amazing mosaiced garden and I have many more photos to show you at another time.
I have been trying to upload photos desperately for the last few days but the wifi connection we have bought from the ether is just so slow I keep despairing and turning the computer off. The holiday is swimming along beautifully. The kids are sleeping like logs, eating reasonably well and behaving like mischievous angels. I know I am gushing but can anyone remember our ill-fated strawberry trip to Whakatane?
We are now in Akaroa which is a little seaside village settled by the French and still has very strong affiliations with France. Reading between the lines, it would be fairly accurate to interpret this means a lot of eating has been going on.
My friend Bella has taken to crocheting like a mad spider and has been busily hooking ever since she picked up her hooky needle a couple of days ago. Thanks to Lucy from Attic 24, it has been so easy to teach her and so much fun for me to have another converted to the cause.
Tonight is our last night with Tim and Bella so I had better hop off the computer and talk to them, you know, so they might travel again with us one day.
Funny little thing, Bella really likes her food too and just admitted to writing three pages about dinner out last night in the divine little restaurant we went to.

12 comments:

lusks said...

What a wonderful and colourful sunset.

Anonymous said...

As you know we adored Akaroa too! Once again your photos are amazing! I love to see the family and of course the sunset is divine! I always thought you were a bit of a goose---or was that a duck. Anyway, Duckydor, I'm off to sit down and have a cup of tea, Love Mum

Tabiboo said...

A gorgeous sunset, so colourful and vibrant.

Have fun,

Nina x

Cathy said...

Glad you are enjoying your time and your family. Looks like y'all are having a great time.
Keep us updated when you can.

elsy said...

the mosaics are like those in parc guell in barcelona....have you been? treats in store if not. your pictures look wonderful and we hope to visit new zealand one day.....enjoy the holiday and happy hooking, love the colours.

Mandy said...

What a great trip you are having! Enjoy! :)

Julia said...

Those photographs are amazing! What a beautiful place!! Sounds like you are all having the best time, enjoy the rest of your hols!

Love Julia x x x

lee marrs said...

You are living my dream , that is to visit NZ again from
Aus. Amazing place, great memories from our last visit to the south island and so much more to explore.
Every turn was jaw-droppingly beautiful. And so close to home. Great place for your kids to grow up in.
Have a great time and keep knitting.

do you mind if i knit said...

Bella has the crocheting bug doesn't she! You sound very relaxed and contented Kate, which is really lovely to hear after all those children's events you organised.
I find it really satisfying to teach people how to knit or crochet, not that it happens much, but I love it when I do.
Love Vanessa xxx

Gracey said...

I have been enjoying your blog for a couple of months...and am greedily following your holidays. I am now on Spring Break (one week) here in Connecticut in the US, but nowhere to go..only cuz I was in Texas a couple weeks ago for a family emergency...So enjoying your holidays and can't wait for Lucy to post her pics...

Hill upon Hill said...

I just saw an article about this garden in a NZ magazine I bought on a recent weekend trip to N.Z. The lady there had blue hair and looked stunning!

angelina said...

happy holidaying!
i agree..livelife like its one big holiday. cause it is!
((ilike your knitting holder, didya make it?))
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails