Sunday, October 31, 2010

A little House Tour.

I am assuming that everyone out in the bloggy world is a little bit like me, intensely curious about where their bloggy friends live. I thought I would post a few photos of what we have been up to around the house and show you all of the bits of colour I have managed to sneak in. In the picture above is our new laundry - after years of having a very dark corner of the shed to wash copious amounts of dairy farming clothes, I can tell you now it is almost a joy to switch on the washing machine.
Sorry, another photo of my roses starting to bloom - I am obsessed, particularly as a brand new rose comes into flower, I keep running out to see if the petals have unfurled.
I felt I should include the new living room as it begins to settle into the family. Usually the floor is covered centimetres deep with lego.
Past the green stairs and into the dining/kitchen area.
And towards the bathroom and fireplace. I have now run out of tidy areas, as the house becomes more tame I will show other areas too... but for now they shall wallow in their own mess.
Now as to what I have been up to, Jonno and I have been away for a couple of days without the boys. We travelled in the motor home to Hahei Beach which was paradise on earth. We ate too much, read too much and crocheted too much (well me anyway).
When we returned home I found my Claude Monet rose had flowered. I am envisioning huge vases full of stripy roses. Can you imagine!!!
Tomorrow I am leaving all three boys for another couple of days. I am flying down to Christchurch to spend a little bit of time with my big brother before he moves back to Australia. It will be so precious and I will have to make the most of every minute. I hope he doesn't mind if I bring my knitting every where we go though... I would love to work some more on my cardigan while there. Perhaps I could get him to help... maybe not.
Lots of love, Kate xxooxxooxx.

16 comments:

emerson-j said...

loing the *pops* of colours, i am trying to convince hubby i want white walls in living area, but hes not buying it with 2 little kids ;(

Hayley said...

Lovely pics of your home, it looks very fresh and sunny...we'll be building soon and I'm thinking of all white walls but seeing the colour in your home makes me think twice...

kirsty said...

Your home is lovely Kate and the colours are so smiley. no wonder you keep showing photos of your roses, they are sensational!

x

Kylie said...

Lovely photos Kate and I'm totally loving those green stairs!! Glad you had a nice break. Those roses ARE just sensational (perfect word, Kirsty!) And I feel the same way - you can never blog too many times about them as far as I'm concerned :) Kx

Aubrey said...

Dearest Kate, thankyou for the preview of your home and ...for the lovely bunch flowers I know will be waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! In less than two weelks I will be there!!
I wish I could redo some of our house with more colour, you so inspire me!! Love, your Mum

Jenny at Red House said...

you can't beat a bit of colour to brighten up tose grey days here in the UK ! jennyx

Megan said...

your home is just gorgeous, I especialy love your lounge with the yellow door frames and the blue table. and I so love your rose photo's. i just bought our first 2 roses for our house, my old house had heaps and I really missed smelling and picking them. i think your rose photo;s may have inspired me to finally go and get some!

Jacquie said...

Hello Kate, love your home, it's so airy and filled with light.
A laundry room is definately on my wish list :0)
Jacquie x

spectacularfairywren said...

Thankyou - i am now officially jealous.

Claire said...

Nice!

Chars said...

Thankyou for the glimpse into your home - I love the laundry :)

Florrie said...

I LOVE all the colours you've used in your home, I think I feel a trip to Ikea coming on, need to find some colourful goodies for these dark autumn days. Lovely images.
florrie x

Amanda said...

Your home looks so great! Cosy and colourful! Enjoy your trip! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Anonymous said...

Your home looks lovely - loing all the colour - so nice not see a neutral showhome but a real family home. Am very envious of all the roses you have.

Julie

Juliab said...

Your home looks so bright and welcoming. Hope you had a great time with your brother.

Killiecrankie Farm said...

your roses and table cloth look like a cath kdison advert - excellent !
You surely live up to your blog name - the splashes of colour are really invigorating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails