Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Afternoon.



It's a warm Friday afternoon and I am sitting on the veranda thinking about simple decorations for my friend's wedding that is taking place in our garden this Summer. I think this easy bunting may be a contender.
This weekend we are diving into the garden. To me tackling the garden after a huge period of neglect always makes me feel as though I am cleansing my soul. For every weed pulled, a past problem or negative situation is released. And then for every plant freed from its choke hold to receive the sun is like a dream or goal remembered.
So yes, a good weekend ahead of us... and Jonno not working - wahoo!!!
Lots of love, Kate xxooxxooxx.

4 comments:

Therese said...

Kate, check out the great bunting on the 'Purl Bee' website. It is from a year or 2 ago. Very similar to yours, except a few flower shapes & triangles too. Sewed with very fine nylon (yes you can get it here in NZ) I made it for a friend's 40th birthday and rolled it up on a big cardboard spool to store it. Looks amazing!

Barbara said...

Such pretty bunting Kate ...

Leonie Guld said...

I soooooo understand what you are saying with the whole...pull those dam weeds thing. My garden is looking tip top and I'm feeling a whole lot better!! xx

Killiecrankie Farm said...

what a great bunting idea - i think my eldest could manage the machine on this project. thanks for sharing !

your strippy cardi has worked a treat, i do like the twist of adding the colours in the bands - makes it perfectly unusual :)

and garden - AHHH - i found gertrude jekyll cowering under a huge oat crop today. weeds humph !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails