Thursday, July 2, 2009

Favourite home things.

My favourite jacket waiting to fling its hollow sleeves around my arms.
My favourite cookbooks.
My favourite wedding day (okay, my only one).
Our fireplace surrounded by my current favourite colour.

By the way, there may be questions over why so many posts in one day. I just needed some time to reflect on the tiniest glimpses of beauty in the day, I needed to not dwell on the less beautiful moments that were cropping up weed-like all day filled with seeds and ready to sprout if I gave them too much attention.

9 comments:

  1. Put the kettle on I'm coming for a cuppa!!! I'll pick up your sis on the way!! (Aww wouldn't it be fun, if we had millions and could just pop in) Not today. I'll buy a lotto ticket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just love that, the kettle is whistling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh lovely things! The crochet teacups are amazing! I can't wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I pop over too, like Leonie? Popping to your blog will make an excellent substitute.
    When I saw you got married in red, I gasped inwardly I was so impressed! I just pleased my mother, and let my mum have her wedding day, I mean my wedding day, as she wanted. Made life so much easier, but not much, at the time!
    Love vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place looks glorious, with little colourful vignettes everywhere. I hope looking around at your favourite things has been therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, I think it's good to reflect on the little things. And, I am so in love with your choice of colour of wedding dress, such style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I was tempted to take part in a giveaway and followed the link to your blog. It's such a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such lovely pics - and yay for a many posting day. i have given you the One Lovely Blog Award. You can visit http://marjoryjane.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html to see who else received one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my favourite Tessa Kiros book too. Makes me want her life, if just for one moment.

    (Gorgeous wedding dress, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails