Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh dear...

Oh dear. I was so sure Archie had three weeks for holidays so it was quite a surprise when my father-in-law rang with the news that school had started back a few days ago. I can't believe I forgot to send my son back to school!!!! Apparently they had been trying to ring me and hadn't been able to get through (damn that habit of taking the phone off the hook during nap time) and had suspected I was not quite aware of having to return my son. Archie was devastated when he overheard his grandparents discussing this turn of events and shouted that he was NOT going back to school this week. Needless to say, he was extremely relieved by my decision to keep him home for the 'extra' week of holiday.
Could you imagine growing up feeling as though you were ripped from the amniotic fluid of school holidays only to be brutally and prematurely returned to school with all promises of Auckland museum trips cancelled. I think the cost of therapy would far exceed the benefit of a prompt school return. So, the boys and I are off to Auckland tomorrow for a very lovely bonus bit of holiday.
By the way, I went to a big discount shop and found these crochet cottons for $1.50 each. I now have to find a hook small enough to use them with (it just seemed so simple at the time, 'Buy the yarn and you will crochet great things immediately and with superhuman speed'. Silly voice trapping me into things, next time it will stay at home caged).
Oh yes, I had a haircut while I was hanging around and she straightened it with some kind of odd instrument and I now look like an intimidating art gallery lady. Jonno was very brave and kissed me when he came home, even telling me how pretty I look. Maybe tomorrow when my natural waves and kinks and cowlicks pop back in I will look a bit more friendly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails