Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Sunday and Back on the Lay...



Another Sunday over and its passing has been marked with soft boiled eggs and soldiers. The exciting part of the childrens' dinner is that the eggs are ours. That's right, our plump little araucanas are back on the lay, popping out their blue-green eggs again. Wahoooooo!!! I think my eyes bulged most unattractively when I went into the hen house. I am so used to just feeding them and walking away empty handed while they giggle and cluck behind my back.
Life is becoming a little easier again in the organisation stakes. Funnily enough, I think it is my involvement with the farm that is doing it. With much less time on my hands I am floating less through the day and achieving more in the snippets that I have. What a revelation. I even potted up a few plants today which felt like I had single-handedly sorted the planets into alignment. Keep in mind though that my being relatively busy day still allows for a good afternoon nap so I don't think it is quite the grown-up version of busy yet.
Now, I was going to do a post on Chewy, our ultra friendly pet dog/sheep (actually a Suffolk sheep) but I couldn't arrange any photos of him. He is so affectionate and tame that every time I go near him with a camera (dear me, I almost wrote camel), he snuggles into me and refuses to go back far enough so my lens will focus on him. Maybe if Jonno has a spare minute or two I will suggest a photo session down in the orchard. I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea...
By the way, I just want to thank Raglan Guld because in the quietened blogosphere of the weekend, she always has something interesting to say and something beautiful to show.

6 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

How wonderful to have chickens and eggs of ones own! That is just a dream for me here in our small suburban yard on the Gold Coast, so thank you for sharing, it is lovely to see. Maybe one day...

I know what you mean about being busy but getting more done because of that. Also, if I have had a chilled out day (ie. done nothing but play with the baby, the computer and craft) and then my mother in law calls and says she is dropping in, you just wouldn't believe how quickly I can clean and straighten the house! :)

Kylie said...

I've heard about NZ sheep, you know! You be careful with that one ;) I love the idea of having chooks but it's not really practical for me either... still dreaming about sweet pea trellises! I know what you mean about your productivity... what do they say? Give an important job to a busy person...? or something like that. Lovely post. And good call about Leonie - she's such a good egg :) K

Lucy Bowler said...

We're still waiting here for these hens to start laying! I can't wait, I am sending them over delicious food every day - Sophie's being particularly generous and donating food from breakfast, lunch and dinner, but even she knows something's not right. in fact, at the supermarket the other day she suggested buying eggs for the chooks! Smart girl, that one!

Lucy Bowler said...

Oh and the photo shoot with Chewy?! wrong/right? I still haven't decided! But Sarah was just as affectionate and hard to photograph as she was fond of a big cuddle...

tea with lucy said...

It pained me so much to have to buy eggs the other day. But we seem to be back on track over here too! Oh the joy! I'm putting it down to the cold weather.

Leonie Guld said...

oooo what can I say!!!! Gee thanks for the thanks. I love doing my sunday shot, I start thinking about it on monday and then just head out with my trusty nikon and the magic just happens. I am so glad you are enjoying it. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails