Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flowers and crochet and all good things.

I went to the nursery today to stock up on a few plants. And now I have a lot of planting to do. The weekend has brought with it the kind of sunshine it usually reserves for the midweek and the boys have been running like drunken bees (we are perhaps, not the most co-ordinated of families but maybe it is an age thing and there is still an All Black just waiting to be discovered).
So I am thinking and doing gardeny things but my mind is kind of having an affair with something else because all I can think about it tonight and that basket of wool waiting for me. So much so that even the flowers are starting to look a little crocheted. Anybody else ever seem to have that problem?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do our grandchildren really look like drunken bees? I love the look of the flowers---- maybe a crochet painting of them coming up? Love Mum

Lucy Bowler said...

Lovely bright flowers! I think I've managed to see some of the crocheted ones, but seriously I find it challenging seeing with my glasses on!

Attic24 said...

Oh you bet. I have that problem alllllllll the time.
Your flowers are so pretty....and flowers and crochet do go so well together!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
have a fabulous weekend x

Leonie Guld said...

I see you are living it up on a saturday night as well! Not getting the hair dryer out or putting the lippy on! Hmmm its knitting a hot water bottle cover for me! have a great weekend ;)

Kylie said...

I haven't... but I have a feeling I'm going to from now on...! I've been thinking about growing sweet peas lately. When I was little my grandparents had walls of them all over their garden and my sister and I used to pretend it was our house... A house with walls of sweet peas - loving the thought of that. Thanks for sharing your flowers - it's brought back some lovely memories :) K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails