Monday, August 24, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Looking out across the farm from our balcony, I couldn't help but notice that for all intents and purposes, it is Spring. And an odd thing happened, an electrical current flooded my body and rewired it all to Spring cleaning setting. Which means that I am now kinda looking forward to going through the house and dealing with the mountains of stuff we have everywhere.
I am going to curb the impulse that causes me to see things as individually interesting and instead...
Remind myself that it all mounts up to something unintelligible and rather frightening.
To take that scary image out of your mind, here is a little parcel before it was sent away all wrapped up like a peachy, freshly swaddled new baby.

7 comments:

Leonie Guld said...

Kate is it the cleaning you need or just some super cool jars from ikea!! I think I need some container shopping!!

Kylie said...

What a familiar sight! Can you really bring yourself to throw away? I think Leonie is spot on... clear jars sound like a great idea :) K

Lucy Bowler said...

Kate - the parcel looks great, think I know the one! Love the bags with the clear front, have you tried this with the boys yet?!

Pomona said...

Glad to have discovered your lovely blog - so I have stopped to say hello from a farming family in the UK. It's the end of summer here - so I am feeling just the opposite to you! I've thought about getting a shape cutter - I think you might have persuaded me!

Pomona x

2catsandahusband said...

One of the things that I like about blogging is feeling a sense of connection with people from various places around the world. For you it is spring but for me it is the end of summer going into fall. I didn't really do any spring cleaning this year because my daughter was gearing up for her move out of our house to Illinois so I figured it would be better to wait until she was gone. Now she is gone and I have recouperated from helping her move so I will finally be doing my spring cleaning and reclaiming my house. Hopefully my motivation will last until the cleaning is done : )

vanessa said...

Lovely packaging, very unusual and original. Hearing that Spring is coming your way makes me want to pop over and avoid our winter, which is only a couple of months away. Need to gear myself up for it, and convince myself I'm happy about the fact. I'm so happy winter is looming. I'm so happy, happy, happy.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

ArtMind said...

Haha, the best things about cleaning and clearing is finding new treasures you haven't seen for long and then hide them again so you can be all giddy about them next time the show up! :)
I love the package! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails