Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Creative Space.



This week I would love to be the person with the beautiful studio that you walk into and are immediately spellbound by all of the colours and fabrics and amazing storage ideas but it is just not my lot right now. Hopefully one day I will have that space but at the moment, most of my creativy is still relegated between the couch and the kitchen table. It isn't a bad situation by any means because the couch is big and comfy and the kitchen table is close to, well the kitchen and all of the food that lives there. The fire place also burns warmly when I am downstairs and you have got to be warm to create. Cold hearts don't produce much, but with a warm one, the universe is yours for the making.
At the moment I am crocheting a scarf for my niece (her party is tomorrow) and this has coincided with my current obsession with pompoms. Thank goodness she is only five. Well, better do a bit of stitching and tail tucking. Can't wait to see all of the wonderful creative spaces over at Kirsty's this week. xxooxx

17 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the bright colors and pom poms...

And can I say yay for the crochet!!!!!!!!!!!

Selina said...

such gorgeous colours, I'm sure she will just love it!

Catherine said...

You have a bright and colourful creative space. I just love all the pom poms. I know what you mean to have your own space to create, I just tell myself that one day it will happen but until then my coffee table will do just fine. :)

Kylie said...

Oh how beautiful!! Those colours look so amazing. Very gorgeous photos, very gorgeous crochet and pom poms, no matter what room they're in :) K

caramela said...

I would love to walk into your kitchen and sit on your couch and look at those absolutely gorgeous coloured yarns you are knitting with! I am loving the photos of your work in progress-again!
Thank you for inspiring me,
Annamaria

CurlyPops said...

What lovely colous - it's so much fun to make colourful things for the kiddies!

Kirsty said...

I love visiting your space. Just an explosion of colour...& always beautifully photographed.

http://woollywotnots.wordpress.com said...

What a lovely inviting creative space. Please may I join in and play? :-) Love all the colours. The crotchet and pompoms look beautiful

Lucy Bowler said...

I can't wait to visit your space when it's up and running. And lucky me I will visit it in person, not just on the computer!! Hey I will ring you soon, hope you're home!

gretchenmist said...

gorgeous colours. you've done well with your space ~ the kitchen does hold a lot of distractions!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Your space sounds perfect. Your description was awesome... I can almost see you there. And your niece's scarf is very cute.

becclebee said...

ooooh - i love your crocheted circles. and the couch is as good a place as any for creating

Lauren said...

LOvely colours, as always... I'm stuck between the couch and the dining table until the weather warms up too. Its not so bad, huh?

MissyP said...

Lovely colours Kate.

v said...

Squeak! Gorgeous! But I think it looks more like a beautiful necklace, which is a very cunning way to get a little person to wear a scarf in the middle of winter!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)
p.s. I'd wear it as a necklace, if it was mine, shame it's not!

e l k said...

o
how
lovely!
..
color
abounds!

M* (Melanie) said...

Oh Kate, if it's any consolation visiting your blog often leaves me filled with admiration and inspiration. You don't need a snazzy studio!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails