Monday, March 22, 2010

Crochet, Afternoon Light and Flowers.






Yesterday afternoon I was exhausted after a big weekend and then suddenly, our home filled with this warm, golden light and all of our tired flowers on the kitchen table came to life again. After a huge boy focused couple of days, it was so lovely to have some quiet and gentle beauty radiating from the centre of the house.
And so, needing to finish a birthday present for a friend, I crocheted a cover for a jar. Now I want to make some for myself...

8 comments:

Dee said...

brilliant! i love it ~

Anonymous said...

You deserve the quiet after all you have put into your beautiful boys and I love yhe flowers, the changing colour of the hydrangeas and the mutabalis [can't remember how to spell it] rose! Have a lovely day. Love Mum

AMZi said...

What is the wreath-y thingie made of what looks like crocheted balls? I love it!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, soothing photos ...

vanessa said...

I've just been catching up with you Kate, and enjoying the build up to the party for Archie. Wow! What an event. And the cake! AM-AZ-ING! I love all the wonder on Archie's face, and the excitement of the damsel in distress, you can really see the joy. You're creating very special life events for your boys with all the hard work you put into their parties, you are an amazing mum, Kate. Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

Angie said...

thank you

i love coming to visit at your space

it is always so uplifting

Leonie Guld said...

That jar cover is BRILLIANT!!! Magic photos Kate xx

Nycole said...

just stumbled upon your site Kate and it's gorgeous, love the colour!
A while ago I crocheted some jar covers - I have always meant to make more and you have just inspired me to do just that!
http://warrenbird.blogspot.com/2009/10/sweet-jar-covers.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails