Thursday, March 18, 2010

Snuggling in Autumn.


Today we had the first truly cold, Autumnal morning. Hugo has Thursday free (he is very busy with pre-school don't you know) and snuggled on the couch with the blanket I began last year. Now with the weather changing I am beginning to look forward to finishing it, however, it will be firmly off my list until we return from the south island. At the moment I am busily knitting Hugo a vest which will hopefully be worn while we are down there.
Now a huge THANK YOU for all of the wonderful book suggestions. There were quite a few new ones I hadn't heard of and then some of my old favourites which does make me feel we would all be friends in real life. Please keep the suggestions coming in. I am such a book junkie and always have great big pile that I work through so you can imagine my distress when I glanced over at what I expected to be a happy tower and found virtually nothing... just a few word-crumbs scattered on the floor.
This was going to be a ginormous post tonight as there is quite a lot going on but as the computer was sulking for most of the day, I am now going to sign off and have my turn at snuggling on the big blue couch with the blanket. XXOOXXOOXX.

6 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful Kate. I love it so much. I'm crocheting hexs still but mine are all green... starting to think I've been a bit too monochromatic! ;) Lovely to see it all done. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your blanket looks gorgeous.
    love how you've worked with the colours and the white :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is so, so beautiful, I must admit I have been staring at it for ages trying to work out the pattern. Isn't white wonderful for bringing out the other colors? You have chosen such pretty shades and combinations, thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Your crochet blanket is beautiful Kate, love the colours, and the simple design, it works beautifully. Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if I knit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous blanket. I started yesterday some granny square with changing colours at each line !! I think I will make one different colour for each square that choose a colour for all borders. Thank you for that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Would you be willing to share a pattern? A friend and I are going to be making a similar blanket for a friend of ours that is going through chemo. We are hoping to ward off the cold for her!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails