Friday, May 7, 2010

Knitting Vests in the Round.

There is nothing like a freshly wound ball of wool. It's like having a photo of a newborn as you just don't know what they will become and you don't mind because they are perfect as they are.
The newly finished vest - sadly, I replaced the bottle caps with crocheted buttons. I just didn't think they were that appropriate for a little girl. I knitted the vest in the round and it was ridiculously simple. I know I have said it before and I will post all of the patterns I have promised and I will include this vest because it is so simple and enjoyable. Just not this weekend as it is a big, big, busy one.
Have a good weekend. xxooxxooxx.
P.S. I don't really want you to enter because I am desperate to win it, but there is a wonderful giveaway over at Kirsty's and I can't not talk about it.

13 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think my little girl will need a little red vest ( :
    Alas - I don't knit but I can crochet it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must say, the crochet buttons do look better! Sorry to disappoint the men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous - she will be one very happy and lucky little girl :) K

    ReplyDelete
  4. So absolutely adorable! I like the contrast of the buttons' color with the vest. I agree about the balls of yarn; sometimes I just wind a ball even if I don't know what I will knit yet. Very therapeutic, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely colours! Can I ask a really stupid question? Do the balls come like that or do you wind them yourself? They look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thanks so much for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be sitting here waiting for that there pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that vest, very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vest - such a beautifully simple design - not that I could make it!
    Thanks for plugging my giveaway too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I love the crochet buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute! When I do manage to knit, it is always in the round for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very cute little vest. Any little girl would look so sweet wearing it. Enjoy your busy weekend! Ros

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails