Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Brown.




After years of looking at Hugo's curtains with distaste I have finally taken the plunge and renovated them. I bought them with this purpose in mind however, it was a job that kept moving down the list. His bedroom was a warm, dark cave at night and for a long time, that was all that mattered. But not any more. In fact, even looking at the photos of how his curtain used to be embarrasses me. What was I thinking!!!!
The process of sewing up the squares was so satisfying I even began to have little dreams of one day graduating to a quilt. I think that transition is still a wee way away ay yayayayay. Sorry about that, perhaps I should have had a nap today. xxooxxooxx.

9 comments:

  1. Kate...the are FANTASTIC!! I bet he loves them to bits. I have just got off the couch from a arvo kippa...must be the day for it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drape face lift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe...love the title - that's what we're doing here in the UK :)
    And those curtains now look amazing, just the right amount of 'bling'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutains look fabulous. Love the colours. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look brilliant! SO fresh. I too should take the quilt jump. Let's go....one, two, three....weeeeee! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - really brightens 'em up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! nice blog you've done a great job with those curtains much more cheery!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fantastic!!!
    I loved this big change, and i want to make some like this in my curtains too...
    congratulations! you are a inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great idea for a pair of lovely bright curtains. Love them! Hope Hiugo does too! Ros

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails