Friday, May 21, 2010

Princess and the Pea.






I don't know if you have noticed from my blog but I have two boys. Who I adore. And who I wouldn't change for the entire world. Except that we always seem to do more boy oriented craft projects.... which is fine.
However, when Hugo became obsessed with 'The Princess and the Pea' (the Lauren Child version), I knew that I had to harness the energy and make something beautiful with him. Five mattresses down, Hugo informed me that I had to make 24 so we are not quite as far along in the project as I thought we were. Still, I am pretty happy to be in the middle of a Princess and the Pea craft-a-thon.
Have a good weekend!!!

8 comments:

Dee said...

you are infinitely cool! :)

Kate said...

I wonder sometimes what my crafting would be like if I had boys instead of girls. I think your princess and the pea-a-thon looks fabulous. Yesterday we were dropping stuff off at the tip and there was this enormous pile of mattresses. We asked the boss of the tip man if we could climb up and lie on the top to see if we could feel a pea and he wouldn't let us and lectured us about safety. Boring. Have a great weekend.

CurlyPops said...

Aww that's adorable that he loves the Princess and the Pea. Its difficult to think of boyish things to craft along with.

m.e (Cathie) said...

LOVE your pics!!!
embrace the princess & the pea crafterthon, what a wonderful way to spend time with him.

ArtMind said...

I think it's great what you craft with your boys. I always found it more difficult to find boy crafts then girl crafts so you're just totally awesome! :)

Sandra Bachiame said...

I wonder what happens with the Princess and the Pea !!!
My daughter got obssessed with it too.
This is why when she grew up, she asked me to stitch th Princess and the P in cross stitch to remember her favourite tale. If you like you can see it in my blog
http://bachiame.blogspot.com
Nice remembersssss

Tracie said...

That version is one of the most beautiful I have ever read. My daughter loves it.

Leonie Guld said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! Gee your UNREEEEEEAAALLLL xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails