Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A new Crafting Book.

This is my absolute and utter favourite sort of thing to find in the mailbox.
Especially when it contains something like this...
With projects like that.
It is so much fun involving the kids on craft projects now - before it always seemed a little bit like work... my expectations have changed a lot along the way and now I find it much easier just going with their flow rather than my guidelines - I know this comes naturally to most people but it took me a little while to get used to it.
And as for me right now, I am going to have a little nap (I only manage to sneak a couple in per week now which is pretty sad for a dedicated napper) and then make some angel wings out of liberty for the rabbity creature above.

8 comments:

the nest said...

oooh, a winged rabbity creature! how interesting...

i'll be on the lookout for that book; it seems right up my/our alley!

Aunty Mum said...

Lovely Book! I know what you mean about guiding the children in their craft . . . I'm a complete dictator when it comes to their creativity.
Children not pampering me but my mother is. Another child free afternoon where I've slept for over three hours. Go figure!

do you mind if i knit said...

Hello Kate, I'm back from my fab Turkish holiday, it really was a dream, and now back to reality, which I'm finding a bit of a struggle. How is it you can feel tired after a relaxing holiday?!
Isn't it wonderful that you can craft with your boys. And like your mum with you, you'll be passing on something they'll have with them always, plus you never know what it could lead to in their adult lives.
Love Vanessa xxx

Cotton Kiwi said...

I LOVE that book. I love all of Emma Hardy's books for that matter! My kids love it (and I love how it keeps them busy).

snoopydog said...

That looks like a great book! Your little rabbity thing is cute.... Ros

Leonie Guld said...

Nope...Doesn't come natural hear either!! Great book Mrs...worth the money?

Julia said...

Oooh that looks like a good book...I feel the need for one of those in our house!!

Love Julia x x x

Megan said...

that book looks just lovely - i like the pic of the hair clip organiser...i need to make something like that for my toddler- we find hair clips everywhere!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails