Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Cosiest of Things.




I am needing the cosiest of things at the moment. Things that make your heart feel as though they are nestled in comfort and light, tissue paper and down.
Beginning a new blanket for Hugo, fresh (and very much on sale) pillowcases and Daphne by my bed have all helped. Chicken soup on the hob, a lit fire and clean windows are on the list too, alongside 'Larkrise to Candleford', roast lamb and a good book. These things have all curled around my heart this morning and changed my world for the day.

9 comments:

Megan said...

i love daphne its one of my favourite flowers:) lovely photo's, those pillowcases are gorgeous :)

Aubrey said...

I wish I wewre there my dear girl! The pillow slip is beautiful and I know you will enjoy laying your head down upon it! Your daphne is well ahead of mine, how about your winter sweet? I will have to get another one. Hugo will love his crochet squares, love Mum

Amanda said...

Can I pop over and join you for the day? Sounds heavenly....almost makes me long for winter to come. Enjoy yourself today Kate, Lots of love, Amanda xxx

kirsty said...

Want that pillowcase!

Julia said...

Simple and lovely things - the blanket squares have such gorgeous colours already I bet its going to look grand when its done, the pillow case is pretty too!
You sound very cosy and snug today!

Sending love
Julia x x x

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Sounds lovely...but may I ask, what does "chicken soup on the hob" mean? What's a hob? Thanks!

Claudia said...

I just love your photos and the simple details that you focus on!
It´s a pleasure to visit your blog!

do you mind if i knit said...

Cosy cosy, so very cosy. It's a miserable rainy day her, so your pics are very welcome. Love the blanket colours and yarn you've chosen, very pretty, but great for a boy. Love Vanessa xxx

Megan said...

I want to live at your house.

Hope you're feeling better, getting more iron into that blood. I can't believe what you achieve even that tired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails