Sunday, July 18, 2010

Paper and Scissors.



There has been an awful lot of cutting and folding going on in our house at the moment. I received the book pictured above in the mail the other day (but I can't at present find any details to accompany it - I'll include them in another post) and have not been able to stop snipping paper even when far more pressing concerns floating around me.
The lucky stars are a new obsession that have been busily falling from my hands in an origami-stigmatery kind of way. I have no idea what I will end up doing with them but I cannot stop making them.
Archie has been busy this weekend too, making the bird feeder above. He spent a long time working out how to stop the platform from dropping down and eventually harnessed it with some flax... ingenious. I hope you are having sun and warmth either from the big sky outside or by a little and conrollable fire inside. xxooxxooxx.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

What a fabulous book. I'm loving the stars especially.. can you hand sew a thread through them and make a banner perhaps? So gorgeous. Really impressed with that feeding platform too :) K

Aubrey said...

Tell Archie I think the birdfeeder is brilliant, really well thought out and modified to get it just right. I love the book too, looks really interesting...and the stars too, I can see lots of lessons for your mother when we meet up, SOOOOON! Love Mum

Amanda said...

Archie is going to go a long way, I can tell! Brilliant. Do you ever think how lovely it would be to go on a retreat for a few days and just do colouring in and cutting out? So good for your soul! I'd love that! Amanda xxxx p.s. We had a fab albeit wet holiday, but it's good to be home.

Anonymous said...

I imagine that paper cutting is very moreish! Well done Archie on your beautiful bird table, very different, and very wonderful. Sounds like you're in a lot of chaos with your renovations at the moment. Hope you're well, and coping alright Kate? Love Vanessa xxx

do you mind if i knit said...

Woops, didn't put my details in by mistake on the previous comment I left you! Love Vanessa xxx

Angie said...

imprssive work on the bird feeder.

Loving those paper cuts, must go look for those book details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails