Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Morning.







We have had a very quiet and dare I say, peaceful morning. Hugo watched the cows walk past and struck up as many conversations as he could, all the while playing with his farm set in the mud. Archie took on the challenge of learning to sew, making Hugo a stocking which he then embroidered. I sat down next to my big boy and continued with my new sport of tucking tails.
So, so, so nice... particularly as we were off to a very exhausted and slightly cranky beginning to the holidays. Yesterday I didn't even realise this would be possible. But it is!!!

8 comments:

Debi Y. said...

Gotta love those peace and quiet moments. :)

I love your new afghan.

Megan said...

lovely pics, i can't wait to be able to teach my girls how to sew, i love the look of concentration on his face :)

Angie said...

glad to see the slightly cranky start has shifted to this rather blissful looking day!

That blanket is beautiful, you should try & get it in every photo...I love it!

Amanda said...

What a heavenly post, Kate! I love everything about it. I thought I'd settled on a Granny Stripe for my new yarn, but your blanket looks amazing!! Was it easy? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

vanessa said...

Hello Kate,
love the French cupboard, I thought it was going to be for your own space, and be filled with fab fabrics! Don't worry about the ordering of books, if you've decided against, that's really not a problem, and I won't be in the slightest bit offended. Your crochet blanket is just gorgeous isn't it.
Love Vanessa xxx

spudballoo said...

Oh your big boy sewing tugs at my heart strings...weep...so intense.!

ArtesanĂ­as en lanas e hilos said...

Long time not visit the site, has done some excellent work! congratulations!
Kiss

Megan said...

That blanket, so gorgeous. I have been wanting to make something similar for my own bed, this inspired me to get started. Immediately.

Bugger I only know granny squares really though. Maybe the magic internet will come to my aid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails