Thursday, September 2, 2010

Invitations, frog thoughts and crochet.


I still have to tuck the tails in - why oh why do I always put it off. Mock up wedding invitations have also been keeping my mind active and thinking of nicer things than itchy Archie's chicken pox... and potentially Hugo's that may flare up next week. Housework may have slowed down but craft is still happening.
I am hoping that the healing qualities of wool will help to heal Archie - note the basket next to him letting of vapours. Umm, yes, if you are wondering, we are all starting to go slightly around the twist.
Hence the huge doily/jug cover I have been working on for the last two nights. It comes from Susan Cropper's book 'Vintage Crochet'. The coasters pictured in the top photos were made in 8 ply cotton and taken from the same 'recipe'.
Right now the boys are watching "Muppet Treasure Island". It always gets me when Miss Piggy purrs to Long John Silver "Looooooooonnnggg John Silver". She really is quite a naughty pig-girl. I still have a bit of a crush on Kermit the Frog. He always reminded me of the most popular boy in our school who went on to become school captain. They have a lot in common, although it must be said, most pop. boy was much better looking.

11 comments:

  1. Hermosos los tejidos! me encantan!
    Saludos
    Xime

    Beautiful fabrics! I love them!
    Regards
    Xime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I'd be more worried about your Kermit crush than the wool vapours healing theory! Hope you are all feeling better soon. Loving the wedding invite. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I was in love with Kermit the Frog once too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your doily Kate!! I'd be tempted to just keep going on and on and making a big rug or something - it looks so sumptuous :) Hope the chicken pox leave your home very soon. Kx

    p.s. LOVE the Muppets - still find myself quoting bits and pieces all the time. Ma-num-na-na will always be my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Arch, he still looks thoroughly miserable! I'm glad you have some things to think about with chick pox in the house! Will keep you sane! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sane, Aubrey? I'm not so sure. Sounds to me as if Kate is going slowly, quite deliciously bonkers!Hope the wool therapy works...I know it did wonders for me when I had Swine Flu. Loads of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your crochet doily! Simple and pretty! I hope Archie is better now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Arch feels better very soon. I know it yucky for him and you too. The green room is really cool and the blanket looks at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello there!

    Oh my goodness, your blog had me chuckling! Sounds like you're as batty as we are, which is only a Good Thing - wool baskets giving off vapours and the like, absolutely marvellous!! Hope your little brood are feeling better, really enjoyed your post, thank you!

    Love Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. the wedding invite is seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, that invitation looks beautiful. {fingers crossed there's one in the post for me!!}.

    I can't wait to meet you; after reading your blog and hearing talk from Stef about you.

    {Also, if you happen to eeek out of Stef what she may want, please do pass any clues onto me}.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails