Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Paper Straws and Couch Covers.

A new couch as of today.

And already thinking of what sort of crochetiness it needs.

Paper Straws and washi tape (just peeping at the top of the picture).
Children must be back at school because today I finally managed to sew new covers for the manky couch I bought online for $100 (+ a trip to Australia for some Ikea fabric). I really am so thrilled with it and of course, can't stop imagining the different crocheted cushions to go with it... maybe I don't need a daughter to dress prettily, just a couple of couches.
The other best bit of today was receiving a parcel from Katy Did Paper Goods. I have such big plans for those straws I can't wait to show you. I am still reeling from the fact that I could buy them online within New Zealand. There was also lots of washi tape - unfortunately I cut it off in the photo - my biggest regret is though, is that I didn't buy the confetti version as well. I now have to find a moment where I can slip the Johnny Joe poster to Hugo without seeing - it does always come out even in the end but sometimes they find it difficult to remember in the heat of the moment.
Sewing is now having a revival in this house, the machine is calling me. Love Kate xxooxxooxx.

18 comments:

  1. hi kate, love the new couch and it's gorgeous covers, i just lerve your fabric choice. have a fun week with the sewing machine!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your couch covers- gorgeous. I have used the same fabric for some wall art and it looks great. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day on the machine is such sweet treasure isn't it? love the blue!jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous new couch covers Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate what scrummy fabric. You are going to have such fun picking out colours to 'accessorise' now!!!!!! Rev up that sewing machine girl:) Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sofa looks superb, well done! Now for the cushions, the best bit!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your transformation!
    gorgeous pics.
    happy crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. that new couch looks fantastic. and a lovely new place to play with some crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo.. love the couch cover! good old Ikea fabric. Loving those straws too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular! Love that fabric! You clever girl! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your couch looks amazing. I have used the same fabric for curtains for my daughter's bedroom. It is such a beautiful design and so hardwearing too. Can't wait to see your crochet projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the fabric!!! worth the trip to ikea in oz for sure.
    i almost made a similar purchase from katydid yesterday.... such cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great couch work.

    What plans for those straws? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the covers - these cushions are also v v good for creating 'mountains, sandwiches, pig pens' etc on a rainy day. You have boys, you don't need to know any of this!

    We have same same here! Just boy not boys so I am roped into being the pig / mountaineer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those couch covers look fantastic. What a great $100 couch too! I soooooo wish we had IKEA here! Am going to Adelaide in Feb next year and am going with an empty bag to fill up with my IKEA shopping!
    Enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this fabric. So many colour combinations and options for you to crochet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails