Thursday, June 11, 2009

If Cath Kidston Made Yarn...

I sometimes think when combining colours, "what would Cath do'? And I also imagine (or more truthfully fantasise) about what Cath Kidston yarns would be like. The wool above is my best interpretation from the yarns I have. Pink is impossible to match - most have too much blue in them and green is very difficult and the yellow one can only dream about. Maybe a petition should be started and we could bombard her with our requests for a Cath Kidston range. I know Vanessa from do you mind if i knit has similar thoughts.
These are my rejected colours - they look just fine when I am not trying to find CK colours but somehow, in this photo they emanate an air of dejection. I am sure if I instead said the colours had been chosen for a crocheted mug cosy they would suddenly present themselves as nurturing and warm. All about perceptions I guess, oranges and apples.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails