Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Creative Space...


When Archie was born over six years ago, an entire room was built and claimed for him, painted aqua blue and hung with curtains of Cath Kidston cowboys (and Ikea ticking to make Cath spread herself a little further - that doesn't sound so good does it...).
Before Hugo was born three years ago, we partitioned off some of our living area (there was room for it), put a cot in and hung some blankets over a wooden piece of dowel drilled in above the window. Hugo was no less loved or appreciated, there just didn't seem to be as much available time.
Now with a bit more time and sanity (thank you to Hugo's preschool), Hugo's room is becoming my creative space as I start to transform it into something a little less jail-like. His other walls are unpainted and with the gib-stopping, there is a faintly evocative of jail..
So with these new blackboard sticker we chose together this morning, we are on the way. Maybe tonight instead of a story, we could sit down with a paint chart and choose a colour for the other walls. Kind of a nice beginning for Hugo to have his own creative space.
I my creative space was becoming slightly monochromatic so felt I had better add some splashes of colour. We went to the wool shop this morning and I finally lashed out for this ball of wool I had been having lascivious thoughts over for quite some time. It is a cashmere/silk/merino blend and is slightly flecked like a well loved t-shirt.
The balls above are top ups for the hexagon blanket which suddenly seems to be charging ahead. Lots of love to everybody - Thursday and Friday are such lovely blog catch up days aren't they and a big thank you to Kirsty for letting us all run wild and being our creative mother hen.
More creative spaces are over here.

22 comments:

Nicola said...

Great Blackboard stickers. The BIG kid in me wants some in my bedroom too! Beautiful balls of wool too.........lovely colours

speckled egg said...

I love Cath Kidston Cowboy print! I've been meaning to cover a small armchair with it for ages-for my little man. Sadly, he's a No2 child, so he has to wait a little longer for things too...

Kirsty said...

I love the blackboard stickers.

Kylie said...

Hugo's room looks great! At first I thought he was drawing his own pictures around the stickers! I love the look of your wool too. Thanks for this. K

Lauren said...

How lovely to help your little one make a creative space of his own. My girls have rather grand plans for theirs... Blackboard stickers, beautiful wool. Love it! :)

Cindy said...

how sweet - blackboard stickers are wonderful, enjoy.

kellie said...

Blackboard stickers ~ what a great idea. He looks like he is having a blast. Congrats on the new shop too!

Selina said...

those blackboard stickers are very cool! where do you get those? love the pink wool too!

Leonie Guld said...

Oooooo Arrrrrrrrh, I didn't realize you could get black board stickers!! Very yummy!!

Michelle said...

Once my kitchen is painted, I'm getting a blackboard sticker for the wall! Perfect for the shopping list.

Perfect colour of yarn! I love it.

Katy said...

I have been thinking about making some blackboard stickers, we have them at work, now i just have to think of some shapes...!

kiwistallion said...

Love Hugo's bedroom makeover!! Nice silhouettes. I particularly love the soft black purring silhouette on the end of the bed!!

caramela said...

Lucky boy Hugo is all I want to say- !

amity ville boronia said...

The blackboard stickers are excellent!

Alison said...

I hadn't seen blackboard stickers either, I know a couple of littlies that would love some of those.

ArtMind said...

Haha, jip, since I play along with Kirsty's creative space, I do see thursday & friday my catch-up-blog-day! And I'm so happy to have met so many creative peeps through this! Love your yarn & your son's space looks fab already -and I think the cat loves it too! :)

Catherine said...

I love the look of the stickers. Did you buy they ready cut out or did you cut out your own designs?
I keep coming accross this black silhouetted look in clothing, pictures etc. It might be time for me to create some.

Muddlepud said...

Blackboard stickers--what a great idea! (Oh, and I think this is common for second children, eh? Our second is still in a corner of our room and will eventually get a space in the room that houses the computers and other play things. So little time, so little space!)

Lucy Bowler said...

I think Hugo could definitely be the poster boy for these stickers! You need to send them off the top photo, it's beautiful! And that cat he's patting - is it a sticker too?!
By the way, I love how your shop is looking with the added stock. It's BEAUTIFUL!
Speak soon, love your sister! xoxoxo

woollywotnots said...

Great blackboard stickers. It is very cute to see the squirrel being stroked. Love the wool stash! :-)

midge said...

the blackboard stickes are very cute as is your little man.

Michelle said...

Your yarn is a gorgeous colour. Look forward to seeing what you create with it. Blackboard stickers are a great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails